Translate

Saturday 13 June 2015

Buttercup-filled meadows at Crimsworth Dean

Yesterday I tried a new walk - one I'd found in a guide book I bought recently from the local Tourist Information Centre. The walk starts at Midgehole car park, at the foot of Hardcastle Crags, where I must have parked hundreds of times before when visiting the Crags. This time, I walked up a valley called Crimsworth Dean, perpendicular to the Crags. It was absolutely beautiful - a mixture of thick woodland, open fields and farm buildings surrounding Crimsworth Dean Beck, including a spectacular set of waterfalls at the far end of the walk.

This photo shows the buttercup-filled meadows at the top of the valley side about two-thirds of the way along - I love how the fields turn yellow at this time of year.

Camera/lens settings: ISO 100, f/16, 1/125s, 42mm, hand held.

No comments:

Post a Comment