Translate

Saturday 8 August 2015

Sheep and conservation machinery near Malham Tarn at sunset

This one is from earlier this week at Malham. We'd been for an evening walk around the Tarn with the dogs and I wanted to hang on an extra half-hour or so to see whether we'd get an interesting sunset. There were lots of dark clouds but they were moving fast - unfortunately, though, they seemed to be thickening as the sun got lower, so I decided to set off walking back to the car. Typically, as soon as we walked away from the view across the Tarn, the clouds started to disperse and change colour.

At that point, we just happened to be next to this huge machine (no idea what it does, but the sign says it's Conservation Machinery!) and this group of sheep had moved to stand next to it. So I grabbed the opportunity to get a shot with the pink clouds in the background, just in case they were about to disappear again. I thought I'd probably end up deleting the photo (a strange subject - sheep, sunset and conservation machine!!), but I actually really like it. The contrast between nature and machinery is interesting; I also like the smoothing effect of the noise reduction I had to do in Lightroom.

Camera/lens settings: ISO 1600, f/11, 1/125s, 20mm, hand held.




No comments:

Post a Comment