Translate

Friday 11 December 2015

Old, dead tree in a foggy field.

Anyone who drives up and down the Calder valley on a regular basis will probably recognise this tree - it stands on its own in the middle of a field just outside Mytholmroyd, near the high school. I've been admiring it for years and always wanted to photograph it. It seems to change colour with the weather and seasons - sometimes looking grey, sometimes glowing white.

I finally ended up stopping the car one day in October when it was in a 'glowing' phase, standing out against the autumn colours of the trees in the background that line the edge of the field (I'll post that photo another day). Then a couple of weeks later I was on my way to Hardcastle Crags to photograph the woodland on a foggy morning, when I saw the tree like this - looking ghostly and alone, the background trees hidden in the fog. I have a feeling these won't be the last photos I take of this tree!

Camera/lens settings: ISO 100, f/6.3, 1/125s, 55mm, hand held.


1 comment:

  1. Yes, I know it well. It's been there for as long as I can remember. cn

    ReplyDelete