Translate

Thursday 14 April 2016

Overgrown mill ruins at Jumble Hole Clough

I did another new walk today - from Great Rock above Todmorden, down through Jumble Hole Clough, along the canal bank in the valley bottom, then back up the hillside from Eastwood. The fast-flowing stream down Jumble Hole Clough is stunning, but I'm not sure I've got any photos that really do it justice - I always felt like I needed to be on the other side of the stream. I did look for ways across at various points but (for once!) was sensible and didn't risk slipping off the mossy rocks and breaking bones or camera.

There are ruins of old textile mills at various points in the Clough - this is one of the smaller ones towards the bottom. It has a huge tree growing on top of it and a little waterfall in its side - hardly recognisable as a building any more.

Camera/lens settings: ISO 100, f/3.2, 1/125s, 35mm, hand held.


2 comments: