Translate

Wednesday 18 March 2015

View across the Luddenden valley

Today I was on a mission! My Dad asked me to look out for a particular view of the Luddenden valley that he'd seen photographed a lot, and to find out where the photographer had been standing to get the picture. Even though I live very close to this valley, I'm not at all familiar with all the different little lanes that criss-cross its sides, so I knew approximately where I needed to be, but not how exactly to get there! I planned a route using a 'real' map then, for the first time, used the Maps app on my phone to track my exact location as I walked. I found this really useful when deciding which way to turn at junctions.

Anyway, I had lots of fun finding the view and got a few other photos along the way. The photo below shows the full wide-angle view from where I was standing - the view my Dad was after is a zoomed in version of this one - just featuring the distant valley and mid-ground. The full view made a better picture today due to the distance being quite hazy.

Camera/lens settings: ISO 100, f/11, 1/100s, 18mm, hand held.

No comments:

Post a Comment