Translate

Thursday 14 January 2016

Abstract view of the centre of a dandelion clock.

I took this in May 2014 in my garden. I've done quite a few different views of dandelion clocks - they're great to experiment with. This is the most abstract so far. I like how the cropped in view takes away perspective, but it looked a bit dull in monochrome so I played about with split toning. I suppose choice of colour is down to personal taste - this one works for me. I used very similar shades of green for both highlights and shadows, but much higher saturation for the highlights. I think it makes the outer edges look like exploding fireworks. It would be interesting to try mixing together lots of different colours in the same image - no doubt it's possible in Photoshop, but I haven't got the patience!

Camera/lens settings: ISO 100, f/5, 1/250s, 90mm, hand held.


No comments:

Post a Comment