Translate

Tuesday 19 January 2016

Snow on the moors around the ruins of Top Withens farm.

Today I walked along a section of the Pennine Way from Widdop to the ruins of Top Withens farm, near Haworth. This is the farm that was thought to have been inspiration for the location of the Earnshaw house, Wuthering Heights, in Emily Bronte's novel. I've done this walk before, but always turned back before reaching the farm, not realising its significance. It was a perfect day for the walk today - in the 5 hours that I was out there was a real mixture of weather - fog, hazy sun, blue patches of sky, dark clouds and a short period of really bright, warm sunshine. Having done the walk before and knowing it was mostly vast expanses of bare moorland, I didn't expect to take many photos - happily, I was wrong!

Camera/lens settings: ISO 200, f/11, 1/200s, 22mm, hand held.


No comments:

Post a Comment