Translate

Friday 8 July 2016

Dovestone Rocks viewed from beneath Alderman's Hill in the Peak District.

Last night my son took part in another fell race that meant driving to an area I'd never visited before - the edge of the Peak District near Oldham. The scenery is stunning and I'm already planning to go back and explore with my camera. We were standing on the track that runs around the low edge of Alderman's Hill (where the race was held - you can see one of the markers on the wall) when I took this photo of the view across the valley. You can just see the corner of Dovestones Reservoir on the right. The weather was playing games with us again - hot sunshine mixed with heavy rain, providing dramatic lighting in the hills and sky.

Camera/lens settings: ISO 200, f/8, 1/400s, -1 step exp bias, 35mm, hand held.


No comments:

Post a Comment