Translate

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Castlerigg Stone Circle at sunset (Keswick, Cumbria)

So here we go with my first attempt at blogging!

This is an image from my week in Keswick this summer. I walked up to the stone circle hoping to get some interesting sunset shots. Didn't take my tripod - just leaned back against one of the stones and hoped for the best!

I love the fact that this sheep wandered into the shot just as the clouds parted to let the sun's rays through. The sky and mountains in the top left background and the back-lit sheep are really the main focus of this picture, with the stone circle and sun being more of a back-drop.

I turned highlights down and exposure up slightly in Lightroom to reduce the glare and lighten the image overall. There are obvious flare spots, but I don't think they detract from the image.

Constructive critique welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment