Translate

Thursday 11 September 2014

Surfer on Bamburgh beach, Northumberland, with the castle in the background

I took this in August 2013, during a week's holiday at Seahouses, Northumberland. I hadn't been to Bamburgh beach before so went on a mission to scope it out for photographic opportunities. I didn't really expect to get any great shots as the sun was high in the sky and quite dazzling as it reflected off the sand and sea. I think this shot works well within those conditions though - everything is almost silhouetted. I was just lucky that the surfer was in the position he was at the point that I turned for the shot.

The only post-production changes I made were to crop the image from a 3:2 ratio to this size and to convert it from colour to monochrome (there was hardly any colour in it anyway due to the bright sun).

No comments:

Post a Comment