Translate

Monday 19 January 2015

Lone little tree on a snowy moor (2)

2 days ago I posted a photo of a little tree in snow from Jan 2013 - this is the same tree photographed yesterday. At first glance it doesn't seem to have grown, but it's actually filled out and got a bit taller - so much so I had to do a square crop of the image, as it wouldn't fit snuggly into a 2:3 aspect ratio any more!

I had a fantastic time with my camera on this trip - for the first time ever I did what photographers are supposed to do and got up before dawn to catch the sun rising on location (I hate getting out of bed, particularly at that time!). It didn't go entirely according to plan as I didn't know exactly where the sun would rise, but I got some great shots and wonderful lighting, with some surprises too (I'll tell more in future posts!).

Besides the crop, I converted to black and white, darkened the blacks (to bring out the tree) and reduced contrast (to tone down the textures in the snow, which distracted from the tree).

No comments:

Post a Comment