Translate

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Seal on the Farne Islands

I took this on our holiday to Seahouses in August 2013. This was our second boat trip to Longstone Island, one of the Farne Islands. The first time, we'd climbed up inside the lighthouse (you only have about 20 mins on the island) so this time we wanted to just explore and look for seals. The seals are used to people being around so I wasn't too surprised when this one let me get quite close (although not as close as the photo suggests - I had a zoom lens!). It wasn't until I got round the other side of it that I realised it was actually injured - the poor thing had a cut on the side of its face. Apparently they fight a lot. I felt quite guilty for taking its picture (and very much like a tourist!) once I realised it was probably in pain.

Just a slight increase in contrast and dark vignette in Lightroom on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment