Translate

Sunday 19 April 2015

Shaft of sunlight on stones on a stream bed

I spotted this shaft of sunlight hitting the stream when I was on my way back on the path through the woods at Ogden a few weeks ago. It made it look as though there were nuggets of gold on the stream bed and I was determined to photograph it. This involved clambering down over some wet rocks to stand right by the stream. Unfortunately I was a bit too keen and lost my footing on the first rock. My camera (on a strap round my neck) flew up in the air, my arms and legs went everywhere and I had one of those slow motion moments where I was convinced I was about to break a bone or my camera and get very wet!! Amazingly, I landed on my feet, right by the water with everything intact. I think I laughed out loud to myself, then took the picture!

Camera/lens settings: ISO 200, f/8, 1/50s, 55mm, hand held.

No comments:

Post a Comment