Translate

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Sunset over the Calder valley

I took this one last week. I was driving my husband and son to their boxing class in Mytholmroyd, 10 minutes down the valley (visible in the centre of this photo), when the sky started to change colour and the sun started to turn into an orange globe. I usually miss photographing the sunset (busy making tea or typing up this blog!) but was determined to catch this one.

I called back at home, grabbed my camera and drove to a nearby spot (near Warley) where I thought I'd get a good picture. I didn't have time to bother with a tripod, so had the freedom to wander around the hillside trying different viewpoints, including this one with the daffodils in the foreground.

Camera/lens settings: ISO 100, f/8, 1/80s, 30mm, hand held (and a grad filter added in Lightroom)

2 comments: