Translate

Wednesday 8 April 2015

Silhouetted tree on a hillside

I took this one a couple of weeks ago on a walk around my local area - from Warley to Luddenden. I'd never spotted this tree before, even though it's next to a path I've been down a few times with the dogs - maybe it had leaves on previous occasions and wasn't as noticeable, or maybe I was just too busy watching the dogs!

It was a bright, hazy, sunny day, so I had to use a really fast shutter speed. I then brought exposure down a bit further to remove any detail from the ground and ensure the tree was fully silhouetted. I think the resulting effect makes it look like it was taken on a rainy evening rather than in the middle of a sunny day as it actually was.

Camera/lens settings: ISO 100, f/11, 1/1000s, 45mm, hand held.

No comments:

Post a Comment