Translate

Monday 20 October 2014

Autumn maple leaves

 I was in the supermarket car park today when I spotted these fallen leaves with such a striking mixture of colours. After I'd packed the shopping into the car I went back and collected a few - no idea what I was going to do with them but I just had to photograph them!

Back at home it was too windy to position them outside, so I arranged them on the sideboard in the conservatory, where there was still a lot of natural light and a bit of sunshine at times - I still had to use a high ISO for a lot of the shots, though, as I didn't want to restrict my angles and slow things down by using a tripod (ie. too impatient!).

I took about 100 photos of these leaves, so expect more to appear on the blog at later dates!

I increased contrast and reduced highlights in this image to make the colours jump out but take away the distracting glare from the sun reflecting on the yellow leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment