Translate

Thursday 9 October 2014

Black clouds over Bamburgh Castle

This is a perfect example of the changeability of the British weather - black clouds replace sunny skies over Bamburgh Castle, Northumberland. I loved the drama in the sky and liked the way the path lead my eye up to the castle and beyond.

Due to the huge contrasts in the sky, the image I got at the time (without filters) wasn't great, but after many post production changes to the Raw file, I managed to retrieve what I actually saw.

In Lightroom, I first increased the overall exposure (I'd under-exposed the grass to bring the bright sky areas down a bit), then used a graduated filter to sort out the sky - reducing exposure and highlights and increasing shadows. A lot of 'fiddling' but I'm happy that the final image is realistic.



No comments:

Post a Comment