Translate

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Sunset reflected on Cumbria mountains

When I took this photo in August this year, I was standing at Castlerigg Stone Circle, Keswick. I had gone there specifically to photograph the stones with the sun setting in the background and was hanging around waiting for the right moment. I happened to be looking round in the opposite direction at these mountains when the sun moved out below the clouds and lit them up. I had to make some quick changes to my camera settings to get the picture before the light changed, resulting in an image that is not 100% sharp, but perfectly captures the mood of the moment.

The lower level mountain in the foreground with sunlight on its ridge is High Rigg. Behind it to the left, also touched by the sun is Clough Head. Continuing along to the right in the background is the Helvellyn range.

Post production, I cropped the image to better balance it and increased exposure and contrast slightly.



2 comments: