Translate

Monday 17 November 2014

Dry stone wall at Malham Cove, North Yorkshire

This photo provides another view of Malham Cove to other photos I've posted so far. However, the main focus of the image is the brilliant curve of the dry stone wall that runs down into the cove then back up the opposite hillside, then connecting into further networks of walls. I took quite a few versions of this picture to see which angle gave the best composition; then, as I was walking away, the sun came out and lit the scene up for me, so I ran back and got this final shot.

You can also just see a mountain in the centre of the far horizon - I think it's Pendle Hill in Burnley, Lancashire.

It being a dazzlingly bright day, I had to use a graduated filter in Lightroom to reduce the highlights and exposure in the sky. Then I increased vibrance and saturation just by one click to bring out the green a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment