Translate

Wednesday 26 November 2014

Lindisfarne Castle below stormy clouds, viewed from across the harbour

The lighting on the day I took this photo in August 2013 was quite poor - what makes this photo is the dramatic cloud formation above the castle and sea. The clouds look like they've deliberately left a space the same shape as the castle - like the clouds are jigsaw pieces that will fit down onto the horizon, fitting snuggly around the castle mound!

This shot is also unusual for me in that it is full of people, swarming around the castle. Usually I hate having people in my landscape photos - fortunately they are so far away in this one you can only see them by zooming in!

I made quite a few small tweaks in Lightroom, as well as cropping the photo to a panoramic shape and converting to monochrome (the colours were so washed out due to the flat light anyway). I played around with contrast, vibrance, saturation and exposure to get this final image.

No comments:

Post a Comment