Translate

Tuesday 25 November 2014

River flowing around moss-covered rocks at Hardcastle Crags

This is a crop of a photo I took whilst practicing with ND filters at Hardcastle Crags for my Btec course. I can't remember how many stops I used for this particular image, but this one was my favourite in terms of the effect of the creamy water flowing around the rough textured rocks. The composition of the original image as a whole wasn't great, as I chose the location purely for the water and rocks, but couldn't get close enough to exclude the surroundings, hence making a significant crop for this final image.

In Lightroom, as well as the crop, I also flipped the photo horizontally, as it didn't feel right flowing right to left.  I then increased contrast and added 2 angled graduated filters to reduce the glare top and bottom left.



No comments:

Post a Comment