Translate

Friday 6 February 2015

Abstract macro - water droplets on crumpled cellophane

I took this one in January this year when I was photographing flowers with my macro kit at home.  I was looking around for something else to photograph when I ran out of ideas with the flowers and saw this cellophane wrapper, which had come with my new ring light. I squirted it with saline water, sat it on a sheet of black felt and took a few shots at different angles.

In Lightroom this has been a lesson in meddling too much with an image! I made all kinds of changes, including a crop to exclude the highlights on the right of the image (turns out it looks better with them!), an increase in contrast and clarity, and addition of a green tone for the highlights. Although in itself it looked good, when I compared it back to the original (which I always do) it just wasn't as impressive. So I pretty much reverted back to the original - just a few small tweaks instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment