Translate

Monday 2 February 2015

Foliage, fallen tree trunks and rocks at Gordale Beck

I took this photo of a section of Gordale Beck between Janet's Foss (a waterfall) and Malham in August last year. I was drawn in by the lovely shades of green, textures and shapes provided by the foliage and fallen tree trunks. I wish I'd had my tripod to get a sharper image with more depth of field, though. It was quite dark under the shade of the trees and I ended up using a wider aperture and as long an exposure as I could get away with hand-held (didn't think to increase ISO at the time!). Even with the settings I used the image was really dark and I've had to correct that in Lightroom. Still like the photo, though!

Camera/lens settings: ISO100, f/7.1, 1/20s, 26mm, hand held.

No comments:

Post a Comment