Translate

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Bamburgh beach and castle

This one's from August 2013, on a very bright, contrasty day at Bamburgh. I loved how the sea was sparkling in the sunlight. whilst dark clouds passed overhead.

I experimented a bit with colour whilst processing the image. It was almost black and white without even being converted, but converting it lost the dark blue hue in the clouds, which took away some of the mood from the image. So I left it in colour, but then added a yellowish hue to the highlights, which emphasised the effect of the sunshine, and gave an overall, almost sepia hue, which I think complemented the mood.

2 comments:

  1. Really like this. I'd love to visit Northumberland some day, it always looks great when I've seen it on tv.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've only spent time at the coast, but it is really stunning.

      Delete