Translate

Friday 13 February 2015

Line of trees in snow

This is a photo of the golf course near my home, taken in January. It's next to the moor where we walk the dogs, separated by a high wall. I took this at one of the lowest points of the wall where you can just about see over it, resting my camera in the snow on top of it.

I was initially drawn to the line of tree trunks on the top third - how they contrast against the white of the snow and form a transition to the darker treetops. The shaded foreground adds a third, grey, tone and the 2 trees cut nicely through all 3 segments. The image has a graphic feel for me.

I think I'd be happier with the picture if the edge of the shaded foreground was parallel to the treeline - can't do anything about that though!

Camera/lens settings: ISO 100, f/10, 1/40s, 32mm, hand held (balanced on a wall!)



No comments:

Post a Comment