Translate

Sunday 14 December 2014

Contrasting autumnal trees at Hardcastle Crags

This is my 100th blog post! To celebrate, I'm putting one of my favourite photos on from this year. This is one of the last ones I took on a visit to Hardcastle Crags in early November. I spotted this tree with bright autumnal coloured leaves sitting on its own amongst taller, barer, darker trees and loved the contrast. I also love the silhouetted shapes of the trunks and branches in the background.

As it was quite dark under the trees, I couldn't be sure about focus quality, so I took about 15 versions in the hope that at least one of them would be sharp. Comparing each one to the next in magnified form wasn't the easiest or most interesting task, but I'm pleased I did get a good quality image to use. In Lightroom, I made a few small changes to exposure, contrast, vibrance and saturation.

No comments:

Post a Comment