Translate

Sunday 21 December 2014

Pilgrims' Way between Holy Island and the mainland

This is the much-photographed 'pathway' across the sand and mud flats between Holy Island (Lindisfarne), and the mainland, Northumberland. We were just driving off the island after our visit in August 2013 when I spotted these posts and parked up to take photos. Up to that point, I'd never seen them before, either in real life or photographs, and didn't realise it was actually the original route for crossing by foot, before the causeway was built.

In the original image, the narrow stretch of cloud at the top right of the photo was almost black and really ruined the photo. I cropped the image down as far as I could without affecting composition, then, by using a couple of graduated filters in Lightroom I managed to bring the offending cloud back into the same colour range as the others. I also made some overall changes to contrast and exposure to accentuate the reflection of the sky and cloud in the puddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment