Translate

Thursday 11 December 2014

Stones in a puddle at Hardcastle Crags

This is another image from my Photography Btec final piece of work. I had originally intended photographing falling water from a waterfall, but when I got there, the waterfall had dried up. As I was standing around wondering what to do instead, I looked down and saw what remained of the waterfall - a small puddle with a number of stones in it. So I decided to set my tripod up and get a close-up shot of it. It was a really interesting exercise - depending on focus, I could choose whether to capture the reflections of the leaves on the trees above or not.

I eventually chose an image that focused on the stones, not the water, which gave the water a blurred sheen. As it was intended to be a mysterious 'arty' shot I allowed myself to play with colour in Lightroom and turned the temperature right down, giving it an overall blue hue and giving the edges of the water a silver effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment